Bow hunting African plains game packagesMkulu African Hunting Safaris offer the best African plains game bow hunting packages.
African plains game bow hunting packages
The clear majority bow hunters visiting South Africa on a bow hunt, do so on a plains game bow hunting package. The reasons for this is it makes it affordable and always includes several plains game trophies in the package. These bow hunting packages may or may not always include the trophy animals you would ideally like to bow hunt.
Therefore, Mkulu African Hunting Safaris have a limited number of bow hunting packages that allow you the freedom to choose what you would like to bow hunt as a priority, and which trophies you would like to hunt in future.
Our bow hunting African plains game packages can ideally be suited for:
- Honeymoon couples
- Father and son
- Photo safari and vacation seekers
- Golfers wishing to look at adding a hunt to a golf tour, and
- Dedicated bow hunters
An aspect that needs some consideration is all the smaller costs and add-ons not normally specified, but that need to be paid at the end of an African plains game bow hunting safari.
Our bow hunting African plains game packages include all costs. The only costs we do not charge for are for services and goods we are not associated with. The services and goods that you can expect to pay for in addition to your African bow hunting safari are:
- Dipping costs – all trophies to be exported from South Africa must undergo a dipping procedure to kill all harmful pests
- Shipping – if you are shipping raw trophies or mounted trophies, you must pay the shipping costs
- All taxidermists charge a fee for crating the trophies
- Clearing fees are payable on your side to release the trophies
- Gratuities are made at your discretion
Come and join us on one of our bow hunting African plains game packagesBelow are our bow hunting African plains game packages. If you need something else, we will be more than happy to look at your request.
Mkulu Safaris bow hunting African plains game packages:
Include the following costs
- Accommodation while hunting
- All land transport for the duration of the hunt
- Laundry at all the hunting lodges
- Bottled water
- Soft drinks
- Alcoholic beverages in moderation
- Services of a Professional Hunter
- Services of a skinner / tracker
- Daily rates for the duration of the hunt
- Trophy fees of specified trophy animals
- Field preparation of any hunting trophies
- Delivery of your trophies to our preferred taxidermist
Exclude the following costs
- Items of a personal nature
- All flights – international or otherwise
- Taxidermy work
- Dipping, shipping and crating of trophies
- Cost of any trophy animals wounded and not recovered
- Cost of trophy animals hunted outside and additional to the initial package
Bow hunting in Limpopo
The Limpopo region of South Africa supports an incredible diverse number of plains game species for bow hunting.
- the biggest kudu in the world are bow hunted in Limpopo
- impala abound
- waterbuck taunt you when the bull is in the back
- Limpopo bushbuck sneek to the water
- common zebra by the herd
- blue wildebeest by the dozen
- roan antelope
- sable and
Granite kopjes in the bushveld hide leopard and klipspringer alike. A Mopane tree bed of coals are hot enough to braai your kudu steaks.
Bow hunting in North West Province
The semi Kalahari region rolls from dense shrub with interspersed Camel Thorn trees (Acacia erioloba), to open areas where the plains game and hunter face each other at mutually unacceptable distances. A patient bow hunter will not only be rewarded with great photo taking opportunities, but also with a number of great trophies. Bow hunting in the Kalahari yields fantastic bow hunting plains game opportunities at
- quality springbok
- quality gemsbok
- red hartebeest
- red lechwe
Bow hunting in Kwa-Zulu Natal
Kwa-Zulu Natal, in the far eastern parts of the country, yields the following magnificent trophy quality plains game animals for the avid bow hunter:
- blue duiker
- suni – subject to tag availability
- red duiker
- common duiker
In the dense vegetation in many areas of the Kwa-Zula Natal region, bow hunting takes place from well-equipped bow hunting blinds. Calling for nyala and red duiker are done frequently where average bow shooting distances can vary from 15 yards to within 20 yards.
Bow hunting African plains game information
Bow hunting price list
Our Mkulu African Hunting Safaris Africa bow hunting prices are now confirmed to be the same for the third year in a row – apart from the bow hunting prices that have come down. The best affordable South African bow hunting safari prices for what you get!
Draw weight and KE
Here is a comprehensive list of draw weights per bow hunting trophy animal. The KE values are supplied for your reference. Enjoy your hunt and we hope you have many arrows in the air.
Bow hunting trophies
After 21 years in the safari hunting and safari vacation business environment we know we offer some the best South African bow hunting safari packages available in the South African hunting safari industry.